Classical Spin

Rantings and ravings on politics, philosophy, and things that fall into the ether of 'none of the above'.

Friday, July 27, 2007

Oh really?

Got a reference question over the phone today at work. A guy who calls in with some frequency and astoundingly dull questions that could be solved with an encyclopedia and/or three minutes of Googling. He's looking for a certain poem with a certain rhyme, and he's got the author's name. Easy.

"You know, I was talking to Jerry Garcia."

*blink*. Well, his last question I took was something about potential Antichrists as per certain Nostradamus predictions, so it's not unknown that he's a bit off.

"This was way back in the 60's, before the Grateful Dead. I was writing a book called 'Deadheads', and, well, you know the rest of the story. He stole my name. But, these things happen, you know?"

I managed not to laugh until after I'd put the phone down, then spent the next twenty minutes giggling hysterically. And for what it's worth - I've taken about five reference questions from this guy since June, and each time he's "writing a book" on an entirely different topic.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home