Classical Spin

Rantings and ravings on politics, philosophy, and things that fall into the ether of 'none of the above'.

Wednesday, November 02, 2005

I quit. Then I'll do it again!

It could be that I'm just a terminal idiot, but I'm having the hardest time understanding what's going on with David Blunkett (which, by the way, is an excellent name) in England. He's just handed Blair his resignation - okay, fine. There was a scandal, he felt he had a conflict of interests, he quits. Hardly confusing.

Only it's apparently the second time that he's resigned, and I get the impression he's now resigned twice from the same position. I'm thinking that what happened was that last December, there was some incident that caused him to resign for a first time. Then either his resignation was't accepted by Blair, or he quit and then got re-hired. Thus far, there seems to be a distinct lack of "we'll explain this in small words and speak rather slowly so all the stupid Americans can follow" articles. Anyway, from what I understand of it: he resigned, then got put back in a similar position, where he promptly screwed up again and now is resigning again.

I think that someone in the British government may be a little fuzzy on the concept of "I've screwed up so badly I need to quit," quite honestly.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home