Classical Spin

Rantings and ravings on politics, philosophy, and things that fall into the ether of 'none of the above'.

Sunday, October 23, 2005

I don't understand

I just went to the vending machine in upper commons. I hit the Diet Pepsi button, and, as expected, it didn't work. So I hit the first button for regular Pepsi. Sold out. I hit the second button. I retrieve...a bottle of Vanilla Pepsi. And a bottle of regular Pepsi. Eh, I won't complain about a 2-for-1.

In other news: Job has still been beat up by God. Why? I don't know. But in verse 1.21 ("The lord giveth, and the lord taketh away..."), the Greek contains the verb κυριος, which according to my lexicon, means "To have authority over".

Huh. So, the Lord specifically has authority over Job, enough to destroy his life?

Who gave God this authority - how does he have it? Is it just because he's God and created man, ergo, he's the ultimate authority? Is it because he's just that powerful and man is helpless against him?

Or, perhaps, is it man's faith in God that gives him this authority?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home