Classical Spin

Rantings and ravings on politics, philosophy, and things that fall into the ether of 'none of the above'.

Thursday, October 13, 2005

What?!

"Part of Harriet Miers' life is her religion," says President Bush.

Okay. This, I understand. Ms. Miers has every right to be religious.

However if she is appointed to the Supreme Court, then she does not have the right to use her personal religious beliefs to shape national law. I'm assuming that both she and President Bush have read the Constitution, but I can see that I might be wrong.

Religion has no place on the Supreme Court or anywhere in government. Great, she's religious: that's about as relevant as her height is to her ability to do the job. This is not a Christian country. People are free to live their lives by Christian ideals, but I'm going to insist that the government keep their Jesus out of my life.

I'm not afraid of Jesus - he's great. It's his fan club that scares me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home