Classical Spin

Rantings and ravings on politics, philosophy, and things that fall into the ether of 'none of the above'.

Monday, August 28, 2006

Risk management

So, people are all sorts of terrified about planes and terrorism and whatnot, to the point where they demand racial segregation on flights and the flight crew goes along with it.

Myself? I admit to being a nervous airline passenger. No shame in that, I think. But I'm far more afraid that my pilot will be a completely incompetent idiot, use the wrong runway, and kill us all. The chances of a human making a stupid mistake are fairly greater than the chances of someone trying to blow up your plane and succeeding.

He...used the wrong runway? How does that happen? Have airlines started just hiring anyone who applies? "Hey, what runway do you use flying this type of plane, the long one or the short one?" "Gee, I don't know, but I look really good in that spiffy pilots uniform." "Great, you're hired! Have a nice flight."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home