Classical Spin

Rantings and ravings on politics, philosophy, and things that fall into the ether of 'none of the above'.

Friday, December 22, 2006

Only in America, part XXVII

Last night I was on the train coming back to NJ (that majestic land across the sea, and by sea I mean "the Delaware river" and by majestic I mean "no actually it rather sucks") after an evening on the town with a friend.

We sat down towards the front of the car, with one seat in front of us. In that seat was Some Annoying Guy (SAG), wearing a white hoodie and listening to music on his phone without the benefit of headphones. I hate when people do that, and, at one point, when he started rapping along with it, I almost politely asked him to shut the hell up. For whatever reason, though, I didn't.

SAG stood as we approached his stop, and there was a loud thunk and that slight skittering noise - you know, you drop something, part of it goes sliding across the floor. I assumed he maybe dropped...I don't know, his phone, or a PSP or something. He's searching basically under our seat for whatever it is that tried to escape.

Victorious, SAG stands up, and the dude is holding a gun.

As in, he dropped a gun. On the train. Right next to me.

On average, I'd say I made two journeys on public transportation every day in London. I was in London for six months; that's about three hundred some trips. Know how often I saw a gun? Maybe four or five times, always firmly attached to police.

The first time I take the train back in the States? Someone drops a gun beneath my seat.

If you're going to be an idiot and carry a gun around, would you please have enough courtesy to carry the thing and not throw it around? Thanks.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home