Classical Spin

Rantings and ravings on politics, philosophy, and things that fall into the ether of 'none of the above'.

Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Gruntle, gruntle

(Gruntle: a very old way of saying grumble)

A week ago (15 Jan) I ordered a printer from CircuitCity.com. Why? Because I'm in need of a printer, and while it might be pretty bad at doing both, a printer/scanner for $40 with free shipping is a fairly delectable deal. So, I order it. I get the confirmation email. I get an email telling me that it has shipped, via FedEx.

I'm addicted to tracking packages online. If I order something online or ship something somewhere, I must have a tracking number. I like to mentally map out a parcel's journey, as it makes its way from A to B. Plus, it lets me be sure that whoever I'm paying is doing their job, and my box is not sitting in a warehouse for two weeks.

According to FedEx, my package began its journey from San Leandro, CA, on the 16th, a day after I ordered it. Great, I think - it should be here by the end of the week.

Jan 19, 2007 1:05 PM


Delivery exception


SANTA FE, NM


Local weather delay, delivery attempted

Sorry? It's 40 degrees and mostly sunny, but - okay, fine. The delivery driver decided maybe to kick off his weekend a bit early. I've slacked on the job before, and it sucks for your customers, but fine. I'm not going to get all high-and-mighty over it. It'll be here Monday.

Guess what wasn't in the mail room yesterday? Thats right, my printer.

I planned on calling them yesterday, but didn't get the chance to, mostly as I mistakenly thought that I had to compose a minuet for this morning. I did call today (Hint: when calling FedEx Ground customer service, hit '0' once to get a real person. Say 'no' when they ask if you're calling about shipping. You'll get a human!). The woman said that they'd start a trace (take the blue pill!), and call me back.

Ten bucks says that they can't find it, in which case I bet anything that my printer is hanging out wherever the hell my tube of posters went last year (the Bermuda Triangle? I dunno.) when FedEx lost that. It's a conspiracy, I say.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home