Classical Spin

Rantings and ravings on politics, philosophy, and things that fall into the ether of 'none of the above'.

Thursday, January 18, 2007

The problem with religion

It all builds on each other. You can't read and understand Aquinas if you don't properly recall Augustine. Or, for that matter, the bible.

I remember Job, quite well, owing to my approaching a seminar essay last year in the worst possible way ("This semester I shall explain the book of Job."), but that's just about it.

So this weekend, I shall be hunkered down in my room and/or the library, spending some quality time with Jesus and probably Augustine.

Also: Anselm was crazy. Even Aquinas thought so. And why do so many of the Christian theologians' names start with A?

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home