Classical Spin

Rantings and ravings on politics, philosophy, and things that fall into the ether of 'none of the above'.

Monday, May 26, 2008

Memorial Day

The buses were running on a Sunday schedule today due to the holiday.

Am I the only one who thinks there might be a trace of irony in remembering the sacrifices people made so (coughallegedlycough) that we could live our lives as normal...by changing up the normal routine and inconveniencing people?  I mean, wouldn't a better memorial be to run everything as normal and just take a few moments to enjoy how great our version of normal is?

I treated myself to brunch at the Santa Fe Baking Co. today, then went to Borders and spent most of the afternoon cheating Corporate America by sitting and reading magazines I had absolutely no intention whatsoever of paying any money for.  It was a lovely day.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home