Classical Spin

Rantings and ravings on politics, philosophy, and things that fall into the ether of 'none of the above'.

Saturday, November 08, 2008

Done!

So I took the GRE today, and my scores are heartily...meh. But it's done! And I don't ever have to take it again! Ever!

Fun fact: that was the first exam, let alone standardized exam, I've taken in years, which I think was part of why I was so nervous about it. Since I started at St. John's it's been all about understanding the concepts, asking questions, and discussing them. The GRE, by and large, is about knowing Latin and Greek roots and square roots and filling in bubbles.

Bonus fun fact: You are allowed 30 minutes for the instructions on how to use the computer you take the exam on. Included in this are seven screens worth of a tutorial on how to use a computer mouse. Seriously, if you need elaborate, detailed instructions on how to use a computer mouse...you're probably not going to do terribly well in postgraduate education.

So anyway, that's done, which means I no longer have "study for the GRE" as my default free-time filler. I started a book I've been eagerly waiting to get into about the religious beliefs of the Founding Fathers (Ben Franklin is currently duking it out with one Mr. Washington to win my heart). Then I found myself thinking... "Man, I wish there was another presidential debate coming up."

....

So, uh, either I have to hope that Bush keeps doing things (so I have something to read compulsively about), or I need to endure two and a half months of an absolute drought of meaningful domestic political news. Once more, the lesser of two evils wins. I vote we tie Bush up and lock him in a closet until 1/20!

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home