Classical Spin

Rantings and ravings on politics, philosophy, and things that fall into the ether of 'none of the above'.

Wednesday, January 28, 2009

*sigh*

This makes me literally feel an ache to be in London again.

I think that, like many things, you Get It, or you don't. Either you see pictures like that and just yearn to be there in them, or it's, "Eh, pretty nice photos."

I love living in the mountains, and despite not wanting to live there Philly will always hold a spot in my heart...but there's no place in the world that can compete with London. I can't even describe why, and I think that's fairly common. I believe Peter Ackroyd tried in this book, and it took him some 800 pages (a fantastic book, by the way - I hugely recommend it). No matter how many times people try, no matter how many words are spoken or pages written, London will just remain something too big, too vibrant, and too alive to truly describe.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home