Classical Spin

Rantings and ravings on politics, philosophy, and things that fall into the ether of 'none of the above'.

Monday, November 08, 2010

Solve one problem, cause another.

Problem: A friend still has a large baking dish of mine.

Solution: Friend brings baking dish to a NaNoWriMo write-in this afternoon, where we will both be.

Problem: I rode my bicycle there, and baking dish will not fit into my backpack along with my laptop,.

Solution: Pop the front wheel off my bike, stuff it in friend's large car, get ride home.

Problem: It's going to be really damn hard to ride to work tomorrow morning, since the quick-release mechanism that holds the front wheel of my bicycle to the rest of it is still in the back of my friend's car.

Solution: admit to friend that I'm a muppet; then pretend I'm a spy and we are in fact arranging some sort of clandestine exchange of state secrets, rather than her returning a six-inch steel rod, without which I cannot get to work.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home