Classical Spin

Rantings and ravings on politics, philosophy, and things that fall into the ether of 'none of the above'.

Thursday, February 02, 2006

Live! Adventures in Shipping!

A few weeks ago, I flew out to Santa Fe with the sole purpose of flying back to New Jersey, and spending somewhere in the vicinity of a hundred bucks to ship my stuff home from Santa Fe. A week or so ago I finally got all my boxes unpacked, except for one.

A small poster tube, containing (surprise!) posters, has stalled out in Albuquerque. It got seperated from its big brothers, those brown cardboard boxes that kept it protected.

Today, I call UPS. on the first try I mistakenly went for 'shipping' information, rather than 'tracking'. Hang up, try again, this time say 'tracking'. Please say your tracking number, thank you, please hold. I hold, give someone my name, and then they have me hold again and transfer me to someone else. Long story short: Because I shipped it through a college mail room, I'm not technically the shipper. Therefore in order to find my lost, lonely tube o' posters, I had to call the mailroom at St. John's and ask them to call UPS.

I'm interested in how long this will take to resolve.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home