Classical Spin

Rantings and ravings on politics, philosophy, and things that fall into the ether of 'none of the above'.

Wednesday, November 08, 2006

I'm extremely happy right now.

Granted, Senate is still up in the air.

But Democrats took the House! I cannot begin to describe my relief and jubilation. Rick Santorum was defeated 59-41 in PA, Menendez over Kean 53-45 in NJ. I'm particularly gleeful to see how the NM races turned out: Richardson won with 68%, Bingamen kept his seat with 70%. Hot damn, that's an election!

I must admit I was torn about how I wanted New York to go. Clinton won, which is good because, if you hadn't noticed, I was sort of hoping for a Democratic takeover of Congress. On the downside? Clinton won, which means a much greater chance of the DNC eying her for 08, despite the fact that dear god NO.

Colorado, rather predictably, voted not to legalize marijuana. Colorado, Idaho, South Dakota, South Carolina, Tennessee, Virginia, and Wisconsin voted to ban same-sex marriage, and I voted to beat them over the head with a large stick. South Dakota voted against banning abortion, which means hello, Supreme Court case about abortion.

Arizona did vote for English as an official language (*sigh*), but according to CNN is still counting votes on the same-sex marriage issue. I'll keep my fingers crossed. A number of places raised minimum wage, it looks like, which is pretty good.

And how the hell did Leiberman win?! Connecticut, I take back everything nice I ever said about you, you idiotic coconut-brained dweebs! He's not human, let alone a Democrat! He's practically Cheney II and he used his concession speech to announce, basically that he wasn't conceding! Why would you vote for him?

I'm also interested that the Allen/Webb race in VA hasn't been called yet. If Allen wins? I give up on humanity, I think.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home