Classical Spin

Rantings and ravings on politics, philosophy, and things that fall into the ether of 'none of the above'.

Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Random thoughts spinning through my head

1. 49,000 words to go. The race is on, Ouroboros.

2. I was a bit late getting on the boat, but how much does FireFox 2.0 rock? I'm loving it thus far.
2a. Speaking of not giving into the Microsoft collective, I am proud to say I'm stepping out into the woods, and not reinstalling MS Office. Eat that, Mr. Gates! I've got OpenOffice, which can do everything Office can and more. Granted, I'm still clinging to my Office install disc, but so far, I'm quite happy with my choice.

3. I'm thinking about the future. Not The Future, just mine. What I'd really like to do is go back to St. John's. Graduate. Come back to London for six months. Go to New Zealand for a year. Go to Australia for four months. Return to the US, go to law school. Graduate. Get a job working for either the UN or Amnesty International. Prosper.

What I think is more practical and not entirely unpleasant: Go back to St. John's. Graduate. Join the Peace Corps, travel for a few years while not needing to repay my loans (I'm currently ignoring the fact that I'm not actually earning money). Go to law school, get more student loans that I don't need to repay yet. Get a law-related job somewhere, hopefully somewhere with a soul. Somehow come up with enough money to repay my loans.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home