Classical Spin

Rantings and ravings on politics, philosophy, and things that fall into the ether of 'none of the above'.

Monday, January 29, 2007

Apollonius' nickname may well have been Apple.

I presented today in math class.

I volunteered to present in math class today. Because when I was doing my homework this morning, I worked through I.42, and said, "Holy crap, I completely understand this!"

Naturally, I missed an initial step at the beginning which threw me off, and it was not a particularly good presentation. But my tutor - from our brief conversation after class - seemed unconcerned about the quality of presentation compared to my understanding of the material. That's something of a weight off, because I'm not great at presenting.

But I volunteered. I'm trying to remember when I last did that; I think it was sometime first semester of my freshman year, and then only once. I was nervous, as always, even as I asked my tutor if I could do that particular prop. But despite being nervous, I asked. Fairly certain I wouldn't have done that last year.

I guess that says something. I'm not going to spend a whole lot of time worrying about it, though. I'd rather just bask in knowing that I did it, and I probably wouldn't have last year.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home