Classical Spin

Rantings and ravings on politics, philosophy, and things that fall into the ether of 'none of the above'.

Thursday, September 20, 2007

Oh do shut up

Q: You're an American presidential hopeful on a trip to London. What are some things you should perhaps avoid doing?
A: Idiotically criticizing the UK's domestic policy with made-up statistics.

Seriously, I can't find any numbers backing what Giuliani said about prostate cancer having a 50% mortality rate in the UK. Nor for that matter can I find any reason why he'd take it upon himself to comment like that.

Also: "I'm a rich dude in America, I can afford the best medical coverage there is! But you in the UK, who have a state-provided system of basic care may not get such fantastic care! Clearly if I were a rich dude in the UK I wouldn't have the option of purchasing secondary, private insurance and buying better care! It's not as if the only difference is that poor people in the UK get health coverage regardless of how poor they are, while poor people in America don't."

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home