Classical Spin

Rantings and ravings on politics, philosophy, and things that fall into the ether of 'none of the above'.

Tuesday, October 09, 2007

School. Thinking. Things.

1. I still really like Hobbes, as he fascinates me. I'm also in awe of how quickly Leviathan changes from 'interesting and fairly unique discussion on the nature of man' to 'completely insane political theories'. Seriously: the sovereign can do no wrong? Man cannot justly accuse the sovereign of wrong? Totalitarianism is the best idea? Revolution is (generally) unjust? Man. That's some seriously out-there stuff - but at the same time, his influence on the establishment of modern political theory is absolutely obvious.

2. Calculus. It's interesting, because I feel bits of high school math trickling back. Only this time...my gosh, I think I understand it! It's still hard, of course, but I get it. I can tell you what a derivative is, rather than just plunking away at a formula /calculator to find it. That makes it infinitely more enjoyable.

3. I had a dream last night that I was a police officer in Philadelphia. That was a bit strange, to say the least.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home