Classical Spin

Rantings and ravings on politics, philosophy, and things that fall into the ether of 'none of the above'.

Saturday, January 12, 2008

New toy!

Oh my goodness, I can type in Blogger, at whatever speed I want, and not have my computer freeze up on me!  It's glorious, and powered by a new MacBook.  

It's going to take some getting used to, but I'm happy with the choice.  I absolutely adore Leopard so far.  I think one of the fundamental differences between Windows and OS X is the interconnectivity.  Windows seems like more of simply a tool to launch other programs which exist and run very separately from each other.  OS X, on the other hand, seems to act like more of a uniter.  You can keep things running-ish in the background.  As someone who is generally listening to music whenever I'm at my computer, I really like the way iTunes is so integrated.  I also am enjoying not having a whole slew of crap on the desktop.  Of course, the no-right-click thing with the touchpad is going to take some getting used to,  as is the different keyboard functions and whatnot.  

Overall, though, it's fantastic.  Still to do: see if I can create a partition on my external HD without it deleting everything, so I can use Time Machine to automatically backup onto that; figure out how to do the whole Boot Camp thing so I can can revisit Windows if needed.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

At 20:29, Blogger Shannon said...

Ctrl + click is the right click. Also, if you get an external mouse, the right click will work just as it would on Windows.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home