Classical Spin

Rantings and ravings on politics, philosophy, and things that fall into the ether of 'none of the above'.

Friday, July 10, 2009

What I did today

Today at work, I counted bits of brightly colored paper. For the entire 3.5 hours. (Well, no. Also I looked up an email address for my boss).

See, the organization I'm working for hosted Big Public Party on the 4th of July. To get into this party you had to purchase a ticket, and of course turn it over at the gate.

Now, for reasons which I'm not entirely certain on, those tickets now need to be counted. Guess who gets to do that? Me! So, yesterday afternoon I started counting. I counted 2,100 little pieces of paper.

Today I got to work and was told that not only was I supposed to be counting the tickets but also separating the two different types of tickets. So, I sorted through the previously-counted 2,100 tickets. Then I kept sorting, and counting. And sorting. And counting. And counting and sorting. And so on.

So that's what I did this morning. But I also met a lovely dog, and got a pair of nice capris for cheap at REI this afternoon, so overall I say a win.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home