Classical Spin

Rantings and ravings on politics, philosophy, and things that fall into the ether of 'none of the above'.

Sunday, October 04, 2009

It begins again: NL East Champions x3

I know exactly what I want to happen in this post season (hint: it involves another parade in Philly), and I know exactly how I want it to happen (think pinstripes, falling down). However, I do not want to jinx anything, so I'll say no more beyond Go Phillies!

Regardless, when I was back in Philly in September, I was struck by the number of people wearing Phillies shirts or jerseys or caps, or sporting bumper stickers, or so on. Which was, quite frankly, awesome. It's about time that the city be able to truly rally around a sports team without shame or the knowledge that you're rooting for a lost cause. Because literally, for people in my age group from that area, being able to rejoice with other people at a championship is brand new, and I think we're all enjoying it too much to let it go.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home