Classical Spin

Rantings and ravings on politics, philosophy, and things that fall into the ether of 'none of the above'.

Thursday, July 30, 2009

Getting my money's worth

I just applied for my two $40 coupons good towards a tv converter box.

Percent chance that I will actually use them, as I do not own a TV nor really desire to and if I buy one I'll buy a tiny new one: ~1%. There is always technically the chance that I'll decide to buy a used TV at Goodwill or off Craigslist or something. But I've gone five years now quite happily without a TV, so, you know, my urge to drop a couple hundred bucks - or even fifty - on something that does a teeny tiny part of what my computer does is minimal.

But if the government is financing everyone else's idiot box habits, then I want my slice of the pie, too. So there.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home