Classical Spin

Rantings and ravings on politics, philosophy, and things that fall into the ether of 'none of the above'.

Thursday, September 15, 2005

Two things

One: Once again, Massachussetts rocks. More on that when I'm not in the process of getting ready for class.

Second thing: With regards to that BBC article, DietCoupon sez: "I saw that article the other day...did you notice all the pissedh off aAmerican responses? I really do think he has a point though...I mean, what is capitalism really other than an intense for of social darwinism?"

This is very true, I suppose. But still, there's no case for saying that America is more capitalistic than the rest of the civilized world. Is there? For me it's tempting to say that we are, but A) I'm biased having only lived in America, and B) I'm biased having long ago decided (true or not) that my nation is populated and governed largely by complete whackjobs.

Are we more capitalistic than the rest of the world? Hmm.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home