Classical Spin

Rantings and ravings on politics, philosophy, and things that fall into the ether of 'none of the above'.

Sunday, February 05, 2006

The Room Saga

In the rapidly-developing saga of Repainting My Bedroom, I think I've more or less arbitrarily settled on colors (Suntan Glow with Earth Tone trim, if you're curious). It's a beige-y brown-y, but warm and hopefully won't make my bedroom look like a giant hexagonal filing cabinet*.

Today I started doing the nessecary repair work on some cracks in one of the outer walls of my room, and and ended up discovering a massive part of the wall needs to be patched. There was an unfortunate incident a few years ago involving the Very Big Tree right outside my corner of the house, a Very Big Storm, and what's best referred to as "Roof, meet Mr. Massive Tree Limb." The parentals had thought that it had been repaired entirely but apparently not: a huge (well over a foot across) area of the paint was bulging and just flaked off, bringing copious quantities of plaster with it. The 'little repair job' got substantially less little today, but I'm not too stressing over it, if only because at this point, there's a big gaping hole in the wall that's got to be fixed.

Also, I gave up halfway through the 3rd quarter, but I found the Super Bowl commercials highly disappointing. The halftime show was - well, it wasn't bad and there were no naked breasts. For a group that's been around for something like two and a half times my age, the Stones are fairly decent.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home