Classical Spin

Rantings and ravings on politics, philosophy, and things that fall into the ether of 'none of the above'.

Monday, February 20, 2006

The temperature is:

Cold. Very cold. I was good to myself and went running this morning. But I don't have a gym membership, so I'm reduced to outside, on the streets (or, if I wanted to hurt my ankles and/or knees yet again, the old cracked uneven sidewalks). I didn't run for long because A) I've gotten out of shape, and B) it was cold out. I knew the first item right off and figured the second out fairly quickly. So I just went hard for as long as I could then headed home. In a period of about twenty minutes I went from thinking: oh, hey, it's winter! to: argh hot sweaty sweatshirt OFF NOW.

I'm fairly certain my dog thinks I'm insane, but then again, I think the same of her. She had some sort of issue last night - we generally keep her shut in my older sisters now-unused bedroom at night, so that she (the dog, not the sister) does not go rummaging through the garbage or do other Undesireable Doggy Things. So, last night I sat down in there with her for a few minutes. She seemed fine, nice and settled, and I left. A few moments later she started barking a bit - unusual. So I go back in and sit with her some more, give her a nice belly rub (because what dog doesn't love a good belly rub?) and then she went insane. Just all the sudden jumped up and started doing this thing she does sometimes, which is best described as: Comically and maniacally racing around the house at top speed and fairly frequently sliding into doors and walls because we have hard-wood floors. Bewildered, I followed the frenetic four-legged furball downstairs, and let her run about for a few minutes. Then we went back up stairs, and she lay down in her 'den' (dog bed beneath the desk in the sisters room), and was done for the night.

These things, I do not understand.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home