Classical Spin

Rantings and ravings on politics, philosophy, and things that fall into the ether of 'none of the above'.

Wednesday, April 19, 2006

Busy busy busy!

Getting this off my back: From now until...sometime, I can in no way promise anything resembling regular posts here. From now until Tuesday I'm going to be somewhat franticly packing. Tuesday evening I get on a plane and go to Ireland, and I have no idea the degree to which I'll have internet access there. Never fear, though: I will be blogging it as much as possible.

Today I had to get up early (by my standards) for an appointment at 10:20. I normally roll out of bed sometime around then, which isn't as depressing as it seems, since I work nights. And I'm thinking: Ireland is five hours ahead of us. That means that when I normally go to bed here, at around 4 AM, it's 9 AM there. That means that when my flight gets into Dublin Wednesday morning at 6:55, it's really about 1:55, which means I'm going to be having the complete opposite problem of most people. I'll still feel like I got no sleep (because I never have slept well on planes), but while most people will feel as if they've been woken in the middle of the night to start their day, I'll feel like bedtime is in a short few hours. I'm hoping that the excitement of finally being there will be enough to carry me through most of the day, but still, I predict that I will crash very early that night.

Coming tonight: more musings on working the night shift.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home