Classical Spin

Rantings and ravings on politics, philosophy, and things that fall into the ether of 'none of the above'.

Sunday, June 25, 2006

Adventures ahoy!

I roll out of Cork tomorrow evening on a six o'clock bus. Ideally, I arrive at the central bus station around 10:30, then hop on the 10:45 bus to the airport, arriving there at 11:20. Then I attempt to sleep until about 6:00 AM, when I board my flight for Brussels. Then, again ideally, I navigate the public transportation system in a country whose language I do not speak (beyond a few key phrases), dump my things at a hostel, and spend a day checking out cool museums, buying some chocolate, and perhaps taking a few pictures of a small child urinating. Ah, the wonders that Belgium gives us. Perhaps, if I'm not falling over on my own, I may also sample some Belgian beer, which allegedly is of good quality.

Then, after hopefully sleeping for A) at least eight hours which B) are not in an airport, I will get up, and leaving myself lots of time to get horribly, horribly lost, I will find my way to the other airport in Brussels, and catch another flight, which, with the time change, arrives 15 minutes after departing.

That flight is to London, of course. Anyone who's known me well for a substantial amount of time probably knows that it's pretty high up there on my 'want to go and live in' list of places, and just today I was blown away by how freaking awesome that is. For years, I've wanted to basically pick up and go to somewhere in England, preferably London, and now I'm doing it.

Now all I need is a fully-realized theft of one of the Queen of England's dogs, and life will be perfect. (They're so cute! If ever a dog was stealable, it's a corgi, and it's just a bonus that the queen likes them.)

Note: While searching for an appropriate picture of the queen and her canine companions, I discovered that the British monarchy has something called "Swan upping", which sounds vaguely dirty to me. Apparently it's when they go and count the swans, which at one point they would eat. Okay. Also, the queen apparently has a horse, which is not as cute as the corgis.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home