Classical Spin

Rantings and ravings on politics, philosophy, and things that fall into the ether of 'none of the above'.

Saturday, June 24, 2006

Now featuring the news from home!

My father, via email, has called my attention to two brief articles in the Philadelphia Inquirer that he, as he sat with our faithful hound* at his feet, thought I'd be interested in.

The first one: Chase bank is using the Beatles' "All you need is love" in a credit card ad. All I have to say to that is: Hello, irony. Hello, out-of-touch advertising execs. Granted, I can't comment too much on this, having not seen the ad in question, but I think somewhere, someone missed the point of the song.

And the second one: small women can't find clothes that fit. This isn't news and I've mentioned it before, but it does sort of effect me personally. I don't shop in the petites section, as I personally do find them a bit frumpy and, generally, too large in the more horizontal dimensions. Anyway, the executives who are saying that women would rather trendy clothes than clothes that fit well are entirely missing the point. Women - at least, this woman - would prefer clothing that is both trendy (I don't demand high fashion; I just want not-dowdy) and fits. Why is that formula so complicated for them to grasp?

*I included this statement about the faithful hound so that I have an excuse to post a picture of her, because she is a marvelous dog and all must sing her praises.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home