Classical Spin

Rantings and ravings on politics, philosophy, and things that fall into the ether of 'none of the above'.

Monday, June 26, 2006

I need more money.

*sigh* Money, money, money.

The 50 most expensive cities in the world, according to the cost of items including housing, transportation, food, clothing, household goods and entertainment:

1. Moscow

2. Seoul

3. Tokyo

4. Hong Kong

5. London

Emphasis mine. From the Sydney Morning Herald.

But there are a few surprises to me on that list. The European cities and the capitals make sense, especially where they overlap. But number 27 is Douala, Cameroon, which I honestly had to look up on a map (western Africa; Douala is apparently the main port of Cameroon). I guess I don't generally think of anywhere in Africa, save one or two cities (Cairo, perhaps Johannesburg and Cape Town), as on the same financial plane as major European cities. Same for Lagos, capital of Nigeria, coming in at number 31. Tel Aviv is at number 24, which again strikes me as odd.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home