Classical Spin

Rantings and ravings on politics, philosophy, and things that fall into the ether of 'none of the above'.

Tuesday, July 04, 2006

Happy birthday, America.

Today is the fourth of July and not only am I out of the country, and not only am I in Britain, oppressor of my ancestors, but I plan on doing absolutely nothing to commemorate Independence Day. Last year, I worked on the 4th. Tonight, I could go on a BUNAC-sponsered party cruise down the Thames, but it's ten pounds with a cash bar, and it's raining and I'm afraid it might storm, and being stuck on a boat with drunk people isn't my idea of great fun.

So, no exciting plans for the anniversary of my country of citizenship beating the crap out of my country of current residence. Today has been more of the same: job-hunting, exploring, and discovering that one of the hotels I applied for a job at is way out in the suburbs. It would take me about half an hour to get there and cost something like six pounds round trip, so that's a no.

However, I'm still ridiculously happy here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home