Classical Spin

Rantings and ravings on politics, philosophy, and things that fall into the ether of 'none of the above'.

Sunday, November 26, 2006

NaNo Update

Barring some sort of divine intervention (unlikely), I'm not going to come anywhere close to winning NaNo this year. On the upside, I have at least made an attempt at writing every day this month, and it'll have gotten me about halfway there. I think that in some way my heart wasn't really in it this year: I've been all to aware that my time in London is coming to an end, and couldn't bring myself to spend that much time inside writing.

In other news: this morning was nice. Something woke me up at around 8 AM, and I'm fairly certain it was thunder, as there was quite a storm outside. I spent about an hour lying there, nicely cocooned under fuzzy blankets, listening to the wind blast rain against my window and the occasional din of thunder, feeling warm and lazy and in every way content. It was just one of those nice moments when you're completely relaxed, not asleep but certainly not awake. There's a layer of warmth keeping you safe from the bad things in the world, nice and cozy and insulated. Those occasional moments make crap weather worth it; if you live someplace that never has storms or cold or rain, you wouldn't get to experience that delicious moment of knowing that it's cold and blustery and wet out there, but everything's different in here where you are.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home