Classical Spin

Rantings and ravings on politics, philosophy, and things that fall into the ether of 'none of the above'.

Friday, July 06, 2007

Oh god, America.

1. STOP IT WITH THE PANTS. I was happy before because I thought I would never again read a news story about someone suing over freaking pair of pants. If you're that upset about a dry cleaner misplacing an item of your clothing then you are A) paying way to damn much for your clothes, B) a shallow, self-centered freak, or C) both A and B and also a nincompoop.

2. I was planning on going to see Sicko tomorrow but I may or may not have to postpone it, because I had to make an appointment to get my eyes checked, because I'm going to need new contacts within a few months and may or may not have insurance past this month.

I think it says something that I need to postpone seeing a movie about how borked American health insurance is because my own health insurance is borked.

3. Philly doesn't want kids to help the homeless. I admit that the best way to help the homeless is not to give them food, it's to make them not homeless any more. However, that's not likely to happen anytime soon, especially not in Philadelphia, which of course is known for it's loving, caring, upright government.

But it's not like they're handing out cash that could easily be spent on drugs and alcohol or anything else not-helpful*. They're giving out food. Toothbrushes. Blankets. You know, things that primarily serve to keep people from dying, and maybe will in fact help them get off the streets. A school is helping others and using it as a civics lesson for it's students; I have no problem with that.

*Actually, if someone's a serious alcoholic one of the most dangerous things they could do would be abruptly stop drinking. I've read that alcohol is one of the most dangerous drugs to detox from.

4. The RIAA can go rot in hell. Idiots.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home