Classical Spin

Rantings and ravings on politics, philosophy, and things that fall into the ether of 'none of the above'.

Thursday, February 28, 2008

Gasp! No, seriously, this is shocking.

Mark the date on your calenders, folks, because today's something truly special:

I feel an actual - slight, very slight, but real - pride about New Jersey.  It's old news that I missed the first time around, but I can't let it pass without comment. 

Apparently in Rome, lighting up the Colosseum has become something of an anti-death penalty statement.  They did it in protest when Saddam Hussein was executed.  And, more recently, they lit it up in celebration when New Jersey banned the death penalty.  

So there it is.  Some of the international community honored something New Jersey did that promotes human rights.  

Now if you'll excuse me, I think I need to go lie down until this feeling of goodwill towards the state of New Jersey goes away.  It's just too weird for me to deal with.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home