Classical Spin

Rantings and ravings on politics, philosophy, and things that fall into the ether of 'none of the above'.

Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Script Frenzy

So starting tomorrow there's probably going to be very little posted here for about a week or so, then a flurry of activity, then nothing again. Expect unusual posting habits for April. Why? Because I got talked into attempting to write a 100 page screenplay or script in the month of April.

Yes, this is brought to you by the same people who do NaNoWriMo, the "Write a 50,000 word novel in November" thing. No, I have never written any sort of script before ever. No, I don't expect to produce anything particularly worthwhile, but I think it'll be a decent writing exercise if nothing else.

For NaNoWriMo this past November I was going to try to write a coming-of-age story. Something happened in my brain and I threw that out a couple pages in and ended up writing an attempt at psychological horror involving sea monsters. This month, I'm going to try to write a coming-of-age story. I'll report in a few days as to whether there are sea monsters or not. Also, having another timed writing project to work on will probably be the inspiration I need to finally go back to editing my NaNo novel (which technically is finished, but is a pretty unreadable mess still).

Anyway. Happy writing to us all.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home