Classical Spin

Rantings and ravings on politics, philosophy, and things that fall into the ether of 'none of the above'.

Wednesday, July 21, 2010

"It's only rape if he's not my religion"

I might write more about this later - once I've had time to let it settle in my brain and I stop with the mindless exclamations of "No, seriously, what the hell?", but for now I'll just leave this here: http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2010/jul/21/arab-guilty-rape-consensual-sex-jew

So a nice Israeli Jewish lady meets a guy who introduces himself, at least by name, in a manner that implies that he is a nice Jewish boy, and he's looking for some love. They go off together and have sex and, I assume, a good time is had by all. Then he reveals that actually he's not Jewish. Since she's now sullied herself with gross non-Jew bodily fluids, our young lass does the only reasonable thing: accuses him of rape. And the jury does the only reasonable thing: finds him guilty. He's off for an 18-month stay in prison.

So, uh...as I said, I'll try to come up with some more cool-headed thoughts later, but for now: seriously, what the hell?

Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home