Classical Spin

Rantings and ravings on politics, philosophy, and things that fall into the ether of 'none of the above'.

Wednesday, July 12, 2006

A room full of pictures and fools

So I keep seeing these ads on the Tube and whatnot for this, and I'm completely failing to comprehend it.

Apparently, you can pay £11.50 to go look at "an exhibit" of pictures of a deceased woman and see some of her dresses.

Now, I'm a fan of art. I enjoyed Santa Fe so it should be clear I have no objection to art simply for the sake of art, and I respect photography quite a bit, as I am crap at it. But: they're saying this is a "major exhibition". A "major exhibition" of photographs which, apparently, are all of the same woman. Some of her dresses are there, too, which I grant may be interesting to someone who's interested in fashion, but that's not me.

A room full of photographs of the same woman? If it's big enough to be a "major" anything, rather than just a few pictures, then it's creepy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home