Classical Spin

Rantings and ravings on politics, philosophy, and things that fall into the ether of 'none of the above'.

Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Christmas, a bit early.

Not only is there now a Democratic House: I'd have been satisfied with that.

Senate will either have a Democratic majority or be evenly split. That's icing on the cake.

The Speaker of the House is a woman who, politically-speaking, I respect very much: she's also the first woman to hold such post. I feel as if I've got my cake and am eating it as well.

And now, this. Rumsfeld is resigning. More or less in disgrace.

We may still be a nation of bigots who don't believe two consenting adults should be allowed to get married if they want, but you know what? I believe I may feel a bit of hope for America stirring deep in my heart.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home