Classical Spin

Rantings and ravings on politics, philosophy, and things that fall into the ether of 'none of the above'.

Sunday, July 20, 2008

Fighting terrorism with comfort!

I swear, I really don't want to hate America's armed forces.  I try very hard not to.  I know a couple people in the military.  They're all great people.  And I'm sure that the majority of soldiers think that they're doing something good, and for many of them it's not an easy job, and that's great.  I disagree, but I know I really shouldn't try to judge others for doing what I think is wrong if they think it's right.

But when it's such a massive program run by such self-important dicks, I really can't help it.
The Air Force's top leadership sought for three years to spend counterterrorism funds on "comfort capsules" to be installed on military planes that ferry senior officers and civilian leaders around the world, with at least four top generals involved in design details such as the color of the capsules' carpet and leather chairs, according to internal e-mails and budget documents.
Seriously: please stop spending obscene amounts of money on absolutely useless bullshit.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home