Classical Spin

Rantings and ravings on politics, philosophy, and things that fall into the ether of 'none of the above'.

Sunday, April 30, 2006

The opposite of right is...

I'm now in the quaint little city of Cork. Things that struck me on the bus ride here, in no particular order:

Ireland really is still fairly rural. Very green, very dotted with fields full of cows and sheep. Baby sheep, too, and they do look like cute fuzzy little things. I'm surprised, actually, by how rural-small-town-like everything got as soon as we got out of Dublin.

Still uncomfortable with driving on the left side of the road.

The thing I liked most about Dublin, I believe, was St. Stephen's Green, because it was just so pretty. Peaceful, green, quiet, beautiful - everything a park should be. A true refuge from the city, and I can see why the rich dudes of the past wanted to keep it for themselves.

Traffic in Ireland is odd. There don't seem to be any real highways per se, and the highest speed limit I briefly saw was 100km/hr, which is about 60mph. Additionally, seemingly randomly there'd be quasi-traffic circles. Yes, it was a circle and yes, cars do go around in, but it wasn't a multi-street intersection or anything. Often there were two in a row. I'm guessing that they were to slow down traffic, but I'm uncertain as to why we want slower traffic.

I need to learn my own phone number here.

1 Comments:

At 07:58, Anonymous Anonymous said...

can you post pictures to this blot?
~anna

 

Post a Comment

<< Home