Classical Spin

Rantings and ravings on politics, philosophy, and things that fall into the ether of 'none of the above'.

Thursday, May 06, 2010

I no longer live in New Jersey

Right now, the first two stories on the local newspaper's website are:

Officials aim to trap foraging bear

and

New Mexico confirms first hantavirus case of 2010.

I swear, every time I start to think I love this place, I remember why it sucks. And then every time I start to think it sucks I remember why I love it. Some of the most beautiful scenery in the country? Check. Terrible, frightening potentially fatal disease spread by rodents? Check. Fantastic sunsets just about every night? Check. Recreational drunk driving? Check. Amazingly wonderful food? Check. Something like fifteen measly inches of rain per year? Check.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home